At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking an intern to join our Business Development team who is self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance, and entrepreneurship. Our Business Development and Strategy teams contribute to the venture capital fundraising process, conduct market research and analyze data, present recommendations for marketing and new business initiatives, and prepare for geographic expansion of studios.
Our intern will work under the CEO to learn the current industry landscape, conduct research, create presentations, and learn about all facets of the Heat Dance business from operations to customer retention and more. Working with pitch decks, business plans, and financial models is only the beginning. The ideal candidate has a business major or strong interest in entrepreneurship or investment banking and has some experience with financial modeling and Microsoft Excel.
What You'll Get
on-the-job training applying school teachings
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person
Dates: 2020 Spring Session: March 20 – June 6 with Orientation on Weds, March 18
2020 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 18 with Orientation on Weds, May 27
2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
Hours: at least 2 days per week M-F for 6 hours each; generally flexible between 10am-7pm. Depending on the team/department you are ultimately hired in and also with consideration to your availability, specific days/times will be arranged with your manager.Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Assist with fundraising materials such as business plan, pitch deck, market research, and financial models
- Research and craft strategies for partnership opportunities
- Monitor data analytics on website, social media platforms, and customer feedback using Google Analytics & Data Studio
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content and campaigns, as well as the social media team and business development team – be part of everything going on
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to help our production & marketing teams create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!