At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance, fitness, social experiences). We exist as an app and as brick & mortar studios: Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology. Live your best life as your true self at HEAT DANCE!
Heat Dance is currently seeking a Graphic Design intern to join our marketing team who is self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance, and media. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience gaining a large number of online followers and creating consistently branded, high-quality social media content. The ideal candidate is skilled in Photoshop, InDesign, and a variety of mobile photo editing apps, and is thoughtfully customer focused when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Our intern will work under the Creative Director and with the marketing team to create high-quality material (including potentially blending videos & photos from our production team, as well as self-generated graphics, behind-the-scenes shoots, and other new ideas). Our intern should feel right at home in the Adobe Creative Cloud and throwing some text, filters, and original design content on an image should be second nature for our intern. As a creative company at heart, our design aesthetic is incredibly important to us and maintaining a consistently high-quality brand image. We’re looking to bring great candidates into our team and make them even better!
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person
Dates: 2020 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 18 with Orientation on Weds, May 27
2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
Hours: at least 2 days per week M-F for 6 hours each; generally flexible between 10am-7pm. Depending on the team/department you are ultimately hired in and also with consideration to your availability, specific days/times will be arranged with your manager.
Compensation: Unpaid internship, so individual must either be eligible for school credit or participate on a volunteer basis if selected.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Create images and design products for Heat Dance social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Work with production crew and marketing director to post compelling, unique, and inspiring content
- Create awesome, artistic stuff for web publication, print materials, and whatever else you design!
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency
- SEO optimization experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Must be tech savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!