At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking a Graphic Design intern to join our marketing team who is self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance, and media. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience gaining a large number of online followers and creating consistently branded, high-quality social media content. The ideal candidate is skilled in Photoshop, InDesign, and a variety of mobile photo editing apps, and is thoughtfully customer focused when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Our intern will work under the Creative Director and with the marketing team to create high-quality material (including potentially blending videos & photos from our production team, as well as self-generated graphics, behind-the-scenes shoots, and other new ideas). Our intern should feel right at home in the Adobe Creative Cloud and throwing some text, filters, and original design content on an image should be second nature for our intern. As a creative company at heart, our design aesthetic is incredibly important to us and maintaining a consistently high-quality brand image. We’re looking to bring great candidates into our team and make them even better!
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices at UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator in Los Angeles, California.
Dates: 2019 Summer Session: June 11 – Sept 20 with Orientation on Friday, June 7 / Fall Session: Sept 10 – Dec 20 with Orientation on Friday, Sept 6
Hours: at least 2 days per week M-F of 4 hours each; generally 10am-2pm or 3pm-7pm. For most up-to-date work hours and schedule, please read and complete the form on our website application
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Create images and design products for Heat Dance social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Work with production crew and marketing director to post compelling, unique, and inspiring content
- Create awesome, artistic stuff for web publication, print materials, and whatever else you design!
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency
- SEO optimization experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Must be tech savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!