At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking instructors and dance professionals to join our brand-new studio who are self-motivated and have a passion for dance, the creation of high production-value media content, and joining an incredible group of individuals to have a great time producing inspiring experiences for the public. Our ideal candidate is someone who has formal dance training with extensive experience in teaching and performance for stage/video.
Working under our Founder and Creative Directors, our instructors will teach classes, choreograph movement and work closely with the production team to create content for our website and social media, with additional opportunity to film instructional choreography videos for Heat Dance Online. Instructors also may appear in photo shoots, at special events and performances.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Professional headshots by our photographers
A personalized webpage on the Heat Dance website dedicated to you, to showcase your talents & s
The exciting opportunity to be part of and to learn from a growing startup, build connections with amazing people, and have fun!
Location: Hollywood, CA & West Los Angeles, CA
Hours: starting with afternoons & evenings Mon-Sat
Compensation: Base rate per class, plus commission per student
- Teaching variably structured, high energy dance classes of a specialised style, e.g. Salsa, Hip Hop, Jazz etc
- Choreographing works for class and videos for social media
- Ensuring safe dance practice and technique while teaching
- Collaborate on the regular: work with production to create filmed dances, marketing to propose and assist with content and campaigns, and social media to monitor trends and promote the company with self-made content
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create social media content that will increase word of mouth
- 2-3 years of formal dance training and prior professional experience teaching and/or performing
- A degree or certification in dance, instruction, and/or group fitness
- Must possess/maintain current CPR certification
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- An inspiring and vibrant personality, positive attitude, and mad dance skills with a love to move
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!