At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance, fitness, social experiences). We exist as an app and as brick & mortar studios: Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology. Live your best life as your true self at HEAT DANCE!
Heat Dance is currently seeking a photography intern to join our creative team who is self-motivated and has a passion for photography, music, and awesome experiences. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience shooting on a DSLR (although even excellent iPhone pictures work these days!) and is seeking a career in photography, directing, cinematography, post-production, etc.
Our intern will work with the production team to run photoshoots, capture stills during dance video shoots and events, as well as photograph promotional materials, instructors, and our guests. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will learn and contribute to retouching photos, working with the graphic design team, and staging entire photoshoots on his/her own.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person.
2021 Spring/Summer Session: March 29 – Sept 10 with Orientation on Thurs, March 25
2021 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 10 with Orientation on Weds, May 26
2021 Fall Session: Sept 6 – December 17 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 1
Hours: for Production specifically, Shoots are in-person on Wednesdays and Fridays. Prep meetings are virtual over Google Meet at 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Additional shoots may be scheduled outside of this time frame and we will do our best to work around your availability and commitments.
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements. Truly exceptional candidates are hired at up to $16 per hour, and we generally promote from within but are always on the lookout for extraordinary individuals.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Get creative with your photography craft!
- Run pre-production, production, and post-production of photoshoots
- Capture stills during video shoots
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Expertise within your choice of software – Photoshop, Lightroom, etc
- Must be video equipment savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Adobe expertise is a plus
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Ready to Go?
If you’re interested in the position, continue to apply directly through our website and upload your resume all in one place. We can’t wait to meet you!
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Why don’t you test it yourself? You are only one click away from your personal demo which allow you to access of the elements and see how easy it is to work with Visual Composer Page Builder for WordPress.