At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking podcast production interns to join our team who are self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, podcasts, health & fitness, and entrepreneurship. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience editing media, listens to a variety of current podcasts, and is seeking a career in content creation, media, entrepreneurship etc.
Our intern will work with the media and production teams to schedule interviews, design intriguing questions and topics of discussion, attract advertisers and sponsors, produce the podcast, monitor & analyze data, and make presentations to the CEO and podcast guests. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will contribute to the planning & development of the podcasts, interviewing, editing, mixing, and publishing.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person
Dates: 2020 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 18 with Orientation on Weds, May 27
2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
Hours: flexible and based on availability; ideally at least 2 days per week M-F (one for recording, one for prep and regular meetings); generally flexible between 10am-7pm. Depending on the team/department you are ultimately hired in and also with consideration to your availability, specific days/times will be arranged with your manager. Podcast interviews may cause a change in schedule due to the guest’s availability.
Compensation: Unpaid internship, so individual must either be eligible for school credit or participate on a volunteer basis if selected.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into app development, data analytics, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Record audio interviews and monologues for podcasts, manage editing and rendering them ready to post
- Run pre-production, production, and post-production of podcasts
- Create interview questions & discussion topics, story lines and scripts as necessary
- Monitor the website and community portal for bugs and issues, and resolve
- Create pages, templates, and new designs in WordPress using Visual Composer
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through web pages
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Expertise within your choice of software – Logic Pro, adobe creative suite, etc
- Must be audio-equipment savvy and have a strong interest in fitness, health, and podcasts
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Adobe expertise is a plus
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Ready to Go?
If you’re interested in the position, continue to apply directly through our website and upload your resume all in one place. We can’t wait to meet you!
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!