At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking a Public Relations intern to join our marketing team who is self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance, and media. Our PR team is the face of Heat Dance to the media and external organizations. Our intern is someone who reads blogs, magazines, is in-touch with current pop culture, and is interested in a career in journalism, communications, or PR. The ideal candidate is well-written with excellent communication skills and is thoughtfully audience-focused when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Our intern will work under the Marketing Director to manage the Heat Dance PR account and handle communications with bloggers, journalists, columnists, editors, and people in all positions at external media companies. You will learn how to pitch stories on our company, instructors, guests, etc and manage our television appearances, article interviews, podcast features, etc. You will contribute to the corporate blog, write announcements and press releases, and build relationships with media companies and publications across several core industries.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices at UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator in Westwood, California.
Dates: 2019 Summer Session: June 11 – Sept 20 with Orientation on Friday, June 7 / Fall Session: Sept 10 – Dec 20 with Orientation on Friday, Sept 6
Hours: at least 2 days per week M-F of 4 hours each; generally 10am-2pm or 3pm-7pm. For most up-to-date work hours and schedule, please read and complete the form on our website application
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Create a dance-related contest to build interest in the brand – work with other interns and departments to host an event or manage a sweepstakes
- Write company announcements, press releases, and news to share with journalists, bloggers, etc and generate press for Heat Dance
- Work with the marketing & graphic design teams to create full-page spreads on the homepage and in advertisements
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Excellent social skills and emotional intelligence
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Bonus points for interest in photography, branding, and/or journalism!
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft word, outlook, etc
- Excellent in all forms of communication, especially written
- Meticulous attention to detail in formatting and grammar
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!