At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance, fitness, social experiences). We exist as an app and as brick & mortar studios: Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology. Live your best life as your true self at HEAT DANCE!
Heat Dance is currently seeking production coordinator interns to join our video production & podcast production teams who are self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance video production, and entrepreneurship. Our ideal candidate is someone who is organized, communicative, may have experience making short films and/or music videos and is seeking a career in production, content creation, film/television, or business administration.
Our intern will work with the production teams to organize the creation dance videos (shot like music videos, but with focus on dancing opposed to singing) as well as instructional choreography videos for Heat Dance Online. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will contribute to the planning & development of the videos, cinematography plan, auditioning dancers, and publishing.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices & studios in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, in-person.
Dates: 2020 Spring Session: March 20 – June 6 with Orientation on Weds, March 18
2020 Summer Session: June 1 – Sept 18 with Orientation on Weds, May 27
2020 Fall Session: Sept 8 – December 18 with Orientation on Weds, Sept 2
Hours: ideally at least 1 days per week M-F for 6 hours each; generally flexible between 10am-7pm in addition to the Production team schedule, so that coordination duties can be performed separate of prep meetings and shoot times.
Production hours: Shoots are Fridays at varying times between 7am – 6pm. Prep meetings are usually Wednesdays but will be decided based on group availability, so be sure to complete the form on our application at https://heatdancecompany.com/internshipapplication
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into app development, data analytics, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Coordinate (communicate, organize, plan, manage) productions for video, photography, and occasionally podcasts
- Monitor & organize pre-production, production, and post-production of dance videos
- Create story lines and scripts as necessary to implement with video
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through web pages
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!