At Heat Dance we create cutting-edge dance material that guests can’t stop sharing. Heat Dance is seeking outstanding candidates for a variety of creative and business-centered internships. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Based in LA, Heat Dance was founded on the belief that people are happier and healthier when they have rich experiences in movement and sensory input (ie. Dance). Heat provides an interactive dance community and education platform online, inspired by the immersive dance experiences we deliver daily in our state-of-the-art studios—part dance class, part exercise, part immersive theatre; our goal is to create a happier, healthier society through dance and technology.
Heat Dance is currently seeking a video production intern to join our production team who is self-motivated and has a passion for entertainment, music/dance video production, and entrepreneurship. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience making short films and/or music videos and is seeking a career in directing, cinematography, etc. and is interested in videography, editing, and film production.
Our intern will work with the production team to create dance videos (shot like music videos, but with focus on dancing opposed to singing) as well as instructional choreography videos for Heat Dance Online. Depending on the varying interests and skills of the candidate, our intern will contribute to the planning & development of the videos, cinematography, editing, mixing, rendering, and publishing.
What You'll Get
High production-value material for your personal and professional portfolios
Powerful network connections across USC, UCLA, and the Los Angeles start-up world
An arena to build new skills, polish existing ones, and discover your hidden talents
Awesome letters of recommendation and employment opportunities post-internship
Location: Offices at UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator in Los Angeles, California.
Dates: 2019 Summer Session: June 11 – Sept 20 with Orientation on Friday, June 7 / Fall Session: Sept 10 – Dec 20 with Orientation on Friday, Sept 6
Hours: Shoots are Fridays at varying times between 7am – 3pm. Prep meetings will be decided based on group availability, so be sure to complete the form on our application at https://heatdancecompany.com/internshipapplication
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, will work with candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Future: Can lead to increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the PR, digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven skills and dedication.
- Record video footage of dances and choreography, manage editing and rendering them ready to post
- Run pre-production, production, and post-production of dance videos
- Create story lines and scripts as necessary to implement with video
- Brainstorm on the regular: work with marketing to brainstorm and assist with content, campaigns, and marketing
- Monitor trends in social media, entertainment, dance, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth
- Anything else that may interest you! We wear many hats and are intentional in finding opportunities to develop our team members!
- Wanting an amazing, unforgettable internship
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys autonomy and taking action
- Great communicator, responsive over email & telephone
- Great with conveying stories through video
- Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
- Efficiency – work smarter, not harder
- A sense of humor and natural creativity
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with team members
- Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
- Expertise within your choice of software – Final Cut, AVID, even iMovie, etc
- Must be video equipment savvy and have a strong interest in dance and music
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Adobe expertise is a plus
"To stop learning and creating is to stop living."
Want to see all the areas we're hiring in?
Lots of exciting things are happening at Heat Dance and we are always hiring in a number of areas. If you or someone that you know is an exceptional candidate, don’t hesitate to get in touch!